Manic: My schedule this time of year that has me wondering how I can increase my stamina!
Managed: Our managedmoms.com yoga expert, Roman told me about a yoga pose that not only strengthens and stretches the legs, knees and ankles (which I also need), but also increases stamina. Sign me up! Take a look at this great pose to start your busy week off with….
Utthita Parsvakonasana: Extended Sides Angle Pose
- Strengthens and stretches the legs, knees, and ankles.
- Stretches the groins, spine, waist, chest, lungs, and shoulders.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Increases stamina.
1. Start in downward dog.
2. Spin the left heel flat and the right foot steps forward into a runners lunge.
3. Bring the right palm to the inside of the right foot and extend the left palm past the head, bringing the gaze to the extended palm. Then rotate the torso to the sky.
4. Check to make sure the knee is directly over the ankle at a 90 degree angle. Be sure to keep the back leg quadriceps engage.
5. Hold for 5 breaths and repeat on other side.
Contraindications and Cautions:
- High or low blood pressure
About Roman Acevedo, Yoga Instructor
Roman began practicing yoga in 2000 to complement his rigorous workout and hectic work schedule. Leading to increased strength, concentration and flexibility, he found yoga far more beneficial in restoring peace in any stressful environment. Studying under Andrew Eppler and local instructors Dave Oliver, Cheryl Oliver and John Salisbury, Roman is currently working towards the 500 hour advanced Yoga Instructor training.
Read more about Roman on our team bio page.